Our goal is to attract and retain a motivated and adventurous team of bright individuals to meet the needs of the communities we serve and hold that diversity is key to excellence.
Housing Subsidy Specialist
Position Title: Housing Subsidy Specialist
Reports to: Housing Program Supervisor
Q Foundation believes in a world where all people have a safe, decent, and affordable home Founded in 2004, we leveraged technology to become one of the larger housing subsidy providers in San Francisco with an annual budget of $6.4 million for 640 subsidized households, including immigrant families, seniors, disabled adults, and people with HIV and are at the forefront of advocating for the housing needs of the transgender, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and HIV communities with a successful record of passing local legislation to curb displacement and homelessness. We are a growth-oriented organization seeking to become the primary subsidy provider in the city by assembling an exceptional team of passionate, hard-working, focused, detail-oriented, individuals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You naturally treat problems like puzzles to be solved and jump in with gusto to help our clients. You thrive working towards goals and outcomes. You are the devil in the details and are adept at balancing quality and efficiency. You enjoy technology, hard work, and generous compensation including exceptional paid time off, professional development benefits, and free fizzy water.
This position is primarily responsible for rental subsidy program screening, intake, assessments, recertifications, compliance with program rules and policies, and housing placement & stability support services.
Subsidy Screening, Intake & Assessment
- Assist community members and partner organizations in submitting rental assistance applications;
- Process rental assistance applications for completeness and eligibility;
- Enroll eligible members into our subsidy program including conducting home visits andeducating members on program rules and guidelines;
- Obtain necessary signatures on formal agreements.Case Management Support
- Ensure timely submission of recertification documentation;
- Assist Housing Specialists in ensuring smooth housing placements & retention;
- Review rent increase pass-throughs and submit hardship applications to Rent Board;
- Set appropriate boundaries with members; observe member confidentiality protocols;
- Maintain all necessary client information including immediately & accurately entering case notes enter service activities and outcomes on a daily basis with weekly review.
- Participate in staff meetings, training workshops, and, community meetings as assigned;
- Obtain HUD Housing Counseling Certification within the first 6 months of employment;
- Engage across and within movements advocating to improve the lives of our communities;
- Ensure the overall maintenance and security of open and closed files as assigned;
- Work evenings and weekends as needed for programmatic activities;
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support the programmatic and administrative needs of theorganization and our members.
- Ability to work in highly detail- and task-oriented, fast-paced environment;
- Experience working in government and/or non-profit setting;
- Experience with rental assistance, landlord-tenant relations, case management, tenant counseling,eviction defense, and housing access programs;
- Verbal and written fluency in English, and Cantonese or Spanish;
- Advanced Degree in social work, health, counseling, law, or related field;
- Knowledge of San Francisco specialized services, including homeless, HIV/AIDS, disability,substance use, mental health and LGBTQ services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services or related field and two years relevant experience;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with accountability, taking initiative andexercising sound judgment, discretion, and professionalism at all times;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and within a diverse setting of members, colleagues,including homeless, poor, senior, disabled and other disenfranchised people; individuals with mental health and/or substance use issues; and people from diverse ethnic, cultural, economic, sexual orientation and gender identification communities.
COMPENSATIONS & BENEFITS
Q Foundation offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-sponsored major medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed 401K plan, education reimbursement, commuter benefit, and generous paid time off including 4-weeks paid vacation, 8 personal days, sick leave, and 14 holidays including winter break week, day after Pride, and election day.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful letter of interest to the attention of email@example.com:
- Note “Housing Subsidy Specialist ” in the header of your email.
- No phone calls or drop-offs please.
Q Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a culturally diverse work environment. Individuals with diverse personal experiences, people of color, bilingual English‐Spanish speakers, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, women, and people living with HIV/AIDS or other disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Be a VolunQueer
We are always on the lookout for individuals who are looking to be of service to the LGBTQ community while acquiring skills that can help you transition into being a productive member of the workforce. Whether you want to serve drinks at the QCafé or volunteer on our behalf at San Francisco street fairs, your service is very much appreciated.
Sign up as a VolunQueer
- QCafé: Be part of the team that serves food and beverages are our coffee shop at Hastings Law School.
- Special Events: Be of service at San Francisco street fairs while meeting new people at designated booths.
- Administration: We are always on the lookout for receptionists and personnel who are willing to help us with office operations like processing paperwork, handling clients, coordinating correspondences, etc.
- Fundraising: Join the team in building ideas that can bring as many dollars as we can in the streets or at formal events.
Get updates on affordable housing leads, news, updates, and opportunities to be of service to the LGBTQ+, Senior and Disabled communities.
Q Foundation © 2018 All Rights Reserved. Designed by PEPEcreatives.com