We have homelessness prevention and rapid rehousing programs for the TQGLB+, disabled, and senior communities.
COVID-19 has significantly impacted the City budget. Due to budget cuts, our rental assistance programs are fully enrolled. We are unable to process new applications nor applications that have been previously submitted and have not been fully approved by Q Foundation and fully enrolled into a subsidy. To clarify, if we have not already started writing subsidy checks to your landlord, you are not enrolled.
We know times are difficult. Hundreds of thousands of people are concerned about their housing. Hopefully things will improve in 2021.
If and when we are able to start accepting additional applications, we will re-post the online application here.
Over the next few weeks, we must focus on our existing households. Please respect our time and focus during this difficult time.
Q Rental Subsidy Programs
Through the support of Mayor London Breed and the Board of Supervisors, Q provides rent subsidies especially for senior, disabled, HIV+, families in SRO’s, mixed immigration status families in public housing, and for the primarily Black families displaced by the SF Redevelopment Agency’s bulldozing of the Fillmore District who need a rent subsidy to use their Certificate of Preference to be approved for affordable housing.
- Rent subsidies for people paying 70% or more of their income toward rent
- Rent subsidies to qualify for housing, especially below market rate & affordable housing units
- One-time assistance i.e. security deposits, back rent
Who Is Served
- San Francisco Residents
- Individuals with 50% Area Median Income (AMI) or less
- Seniors (aged 60+), disabled, or persons with HIV/AIDS
- Families in SROs are referred by SRO Families United
- Mixed immigration families are referred by MOHCD
Maximum Income Requirements
50% of Area Median Income
- Household of 1: $46,650
- Household of 2: $53,300
- Household of 3: $59,950
- Household of 4: $66,600
- Household of 5: $71,950
- Household of 6: $77,250
- Household of 7: $82,600
- Household of 8: $87,900
Before starting an application, please collect the following documentation as appropriate:
- Identification Card or Passport
- Birth Certificates of all minor children
- Social Security Cards for all adults in household
- Income documents (i.e. most recent paystubs, Social Security award letter, etc.)
- Bank statements (3 most recent months)
- Lease agreement or housing offer letter
- Letter of HIV/AIDS diagnosis or proof of disability